DSS 940 Settings

Het digitale broertje van onze MFB; Digital Speaker System. In de jaren '90 bouwt Philips voor de lol wederom een aantal actieve speakers van superklasse.

Moderator: Moderators

Plaats reactie
adadah

05 feb 2022, 09:24

Hello everyone,
I am writing to you from France.
I have 4 DSS940 speakers and I changed the foam suspensions of the woofers to those supplied by audiofriends.
The speakers work well, but reading the technical manual, I saw that when working on the speakers, it is necessary to make adjustments depending on the sensitivity. In my case, it concerns the woofer, so the level and the negative impedance return.
I think someone here has certainly faced this problem. Can you help me with this?
I thank you in advance.
Greetings
Didier.
Karsten

07 feb 2022, 15:04

Hi Didier;

Did you number de woofers and PCB's to keep track of the woofer-amplifier combination?
As far as I know these systems were adjusted by means of acoustic measurement... :think:
Meten is weten en weten wat je meet.
adadah

07 feb 2022, 15:41

Hello Karsten,
Thank you for your answer.
I have clearly identified the woofers and PCB in order to keep the pairing of each other. I was wondering if replacing the suspensions as well as the capacitors necessarily meant redoing the settings, as indicated in the manual. The sensitivity range is wide as it goes from 87.5 to 91.5 dB. It is true that if the loudspeakers have been adjusted by means of acoustic measurements, this makes readjustment difficult, except by possessing the equipment and the mastery that goes with it. That said, the 4 speakers work very well (according to my ears!), but I wanted to be a purist. :doh:
Karsten

09 feb 2022, 15:00

You kept the woofer-PCB combinations together and probably didn't touch the potentiometers, wright?
If so; I wouldn't worry to much about the adjustments but our Remi has much more experience with DSS's (and overhauled my 940's). He might shed some more light on this matter. :think:
If I set my 940's side by side, set them to the same channel but one as A and the other as B they sound the same if I switch between A and B on the DSC.
Meten is weten en weten wat je meet.
Remi
Donateur

09 feb 2022, 21:15

I havo nothing to add here, it is important to keep the woofer and amp together and that is was has been done so all is well 8)
"Hoezo nu wel genoeg? D'r is toch nog plek!" jaja, waar dan? "Ha! d'r kan nog wat in de auto!"
adadah

12 feb 2022, 16:03

Hello !
Thank you for the answers.
I'm going to leave the speakers as they are, I said they make my ears happy and that's the most important thing. We sometimes want to go a little further, but there it is useless :D
Have a good weekend.
Didier
Plaats reactie